Whale Shark Snorkeling Encounter
- Duration : 5 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : WSSE
About Whale Sharks
Don't let the name frighten you! As the largest shark in the sea, these gentle giants are peaceful creatures who feed on plankton. Jump in and swim with them during whale shark season from June to mid of September. Whale sharks are gentle creatures that live in depths to 250m/800ft below sea level most of the year. In the summer months, they come to our waters to feed on the plankton, microscopic plant matter. The plankton is in large concentrations off our shores to take in the sun on the surface of the ocean which has the whale sharks coming back year after year to feed.
Sightings start to happen in early June and you will have the opportunity to meet this amazing creatures. Trip starts at our dive shop in the morning were after an introduction we departure for approximately an hour ride to the location we expect the whale sharks to be at. Once we get there, two people at the time with one guide are allowed to jump in the water for an up-encounter with this gentle giant. The group will take turns, so that everyone has more than one chance to this unique experience. Once we return to Isla Mujeres, you will be able to take a dip at playa norte while the captain prepares for you fresh fish ceviche. With some beers or soda and lunch you are ready to return to the island.
- Expedition: Snorkeling and Freediving with Whale Sharks and Mantas
- Location: North-East of Isla Mujeres and Cancun, Mexico
- Participants Required: 1- 10
- Age of Kids: 15+
- Experience Required: Snorkeling skills
- Availability: June - September, departures daily
- Restrictions: Pregnant women, children under the age of and weak swimmers
- Languages: English, Spanish, French and German
- Leader: Misael Fernandez
- Full set snorkeling gear
- Bilingual guide
- Coffee in the morning
- Bottled Water
- 8:00 am - Meeting at the Mexico Divers shop on Isla Mujeres
- 8:30 am - Briefing and transport to the boat
- 9:00 am - Boat departure and Whale Shark search
- 12:00 pm - Lunch on board
- 2:00 pm - Return to Isla Mujeres
Bring sunscreen, towel, windbreaker, hat, long-sleeved shirt
Attention this is a Shared Boat Trip!! If you require a Private Trip at any date, please contact us directly to reserve the boat!!
IMPORTANT: Whale Shark sightings may be challenging so we can’t guarantee an observation - we are at the mercy of sea and weather conditions as well as the eating patterns of wild animals. Although we have an 80% success rate and all the resources to accomplish the activity, we highly recommend booking at least two days of activities for higher success rates.Whale Shark Swimming Adventure, Snorkel and Encounter the biggest fish in the ocean!