Contoy Island Tour
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
Enjoy the natural wonders of the pristine Isla Contoy, considered the most important nesting place for sea birds in all of the Mexican Caribbean.
The island is very small, it is only 5 miles long and in places very narrow. The island is a sanctuary for more than 152 species of tropical seabirds such as Frigates, Brown Pelicans, Sea Swallows, and Cormorants, among others. Many other migratory species come to this Yucatan island to spend their winter months in the sanctuary of Contoy. 14 species of reptiles share the island with the many sea birds and roam the beaches and jungle.
Due to the nutrients in the warm waters around the island, you can find an abundance of Green Sea Turtles, Spiny Lobster, Octopus, Shrimp, Sardines, and each year large Whale Dolphins migrate too. Over 234 species of fish have been counted in this area!
Before arriving in Contoy, visitors can stop on the way and snorkel in nationally protected waters at Ixlache Reef, home to numerous species of fish and abundant coral formations. Swim among Parrot Fish, Angel Fish and Puffer Fish. Keep your eyes open for turtles and dolphins! Look up and marvel at the incredible amount of nesting birds on the island! Welcome to Isla Contoy!
- Expedition: Snorkeling and visiting the Contoy Island
- Location: Isla Contoy, Mexico
- Participants Required: 1- 20
- Age of Kids: 8+
- Experience Required: Snorkeling skills
- Availability: All year round, departures daily
- Restrictions: Pregnant women, children under the age of and weak swimmers
- Languages: English, Spanish, and German
- Full set snorkeling gear
- Bilingual guide
- Bottled Water
- Full Buffet Lunch on Contoy Island
- 8:15 am - Meet at the Mexico Divers shop on Isla Mujeres
- 8:45 am - Boat departure
- 12:00 pm - Lunch at Contoy Island
- 3:00 pm - Return to Isla Mujeres
Bring sunscreen, towel, windbreaker, hat, long-sleeved shirt
Attention this is a Shared Boat Trip!! If you require a Private Trip at any date, please contact us directly to reserve the boat!!
IMPORTANT: We are at the mercy of sea and weather conditions. We highly recommend to stay at least two days on the island for higher success rates and better weather window.